- 1 large eggplant, peal off the skin and slice in 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 8oz package skim mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1-2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce (I prefer Barilla Olive Oil and Garlic Sauce)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Dip your eggplant slices in the beaten egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Arrange on the cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake about 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
3. Coat the bottom of a 8x8 casserole dish with pasta sauce. Cover with eggplant slices, then a layer of sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat this for two more layers with the remaining ingredients, ending with the cheese on top.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
*Original photo on top taken from Foodnetwork.com.